Walmley Junior School provides a secure and stimulating environment in which our children exhibit pride in themselves, their school and their community. Our children’s achievements in all aspects of life are celebrated and they are actively supported to reach their full potential as learners and members of society. We expect all of our children to contribute to the values which underpin our very foundations: respect, honesty, kindness, generosity, perseverance, politeness, conscientiousness as well as caring for themselves, each other and their environment. It is through these values and the support of our whole school community that we ensure enjoyment, happiness and academic excellence.
Our principal aims in the developmental context are to provide learning experiences for children that:
- Challenge them to achieve their potential across the full range of the curriculum
- Develop skills required to live and work effectively with other people
- Encourage enjoyment and a sense of fulfilment in their work
- Develop creative, open, imaginative and lively discovering minds
- Foster a positive self-image, critical self-awareness and positive attitudes towards others
- Help them to become sensitive to the emotional, aesthetic, moral, spiritual, physical and intellectual needs of others as well as their own